OPEN SUBMISSION CALL FOR POETRY ON THE THEME OF COMMUNITY!
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR OUR SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY EDITION SUMMER ANTHOLOGY EDITED BY VANESSA SHIELDS & IRENE MOORE DAVIS
- All writers welcome! International and national included! Please submit poems in English only.
- No previous publishing history is necessary.
- Only previously unpublished writing should be submitted.
Write about community. What does it mean to you? How does it look, taste, feel, sound, smell? Has the pandemic shifted your relationship with your community? What is your ideal community? What makes a community thrive? Does size matter in community? How do you build community? Where does community begin? What is the essence of community?
- Cover letter
- The writing
- Submission email
THE COVER LETTER
Include a cover letter as part of your submission that includes the following information:
- A two- or three-sentence biographical statement. Have fun with this!
- Your full mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
- The title(s) of the piece(s) you are submitting.
- Include any links to personal websites/social media.
Ex. Cover Letter
My email address
My phone number
I am submitting the following:
I typically write using my laptop whilst sitting on the sofa in my living room. It’s important to me to write from my heart. My goal is to write the next ‘Vagina Monologues’ and enjoy the grand success of writing about important things and sharing them with the world.
Vanessa Shields. Poet. Novelist. Reader. Sleeper. Published. Still waiting to meet Tom Cruise.
CLASSIFIED AD: Writer, 40+, seeks publisher of poetry, novels and silly ramblings. I like chocolate and getting caught in the rain. http://www.vanessashields.com
- Send a maximum of 4 (four) poems totalling no more than 4 pages. Ex. 2 poems, two-pages a poem, or 1 four-page poem, or 4 one-page poems. Please try to submit more than one poem.
- Do NOT submit previously published work.
- We ask that you let us know if your work is also submitted elsewhere, and, if it is accepted, to notify us right away.
- Poetry submission format: single-spaced, 12 pt font, bolded title, name and email on each page.
SUBMISSION EMAIL INFO
SUBMISSIONS OPEN SATURDAY, JULY 24, 2021
& CLOSED TUESDAY, AUGUST 24TH, 2021 (midnight).
All submissions must be submitted to the following e-mail and received no later than midnight Tuesday, August 24, 2021.
In the subject line, please write: 2021 COMMUNITY POETRY ANTHOLOGY – YOUR NAME (JOHNNY WRITEALOT)
In the email:
The Cover Letter in the body of the email.
ATTACH the writing in a docx OR google doc ONLY. (No RFT, no doc, no pdf.) Please include your FULL NAME in the file name of the document. (ex. JOHNNYWRITEALOT_COMMUNITYPOETRYSUBMISSION)
Our other chapbooks are for sale!
Copies are $15.00 each.
To order a copy(ies), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info: # of copies, full name, mailing address.
Payments can be made to the above email via etransfer. Thank you for supporting local writers and a local small business!
Words Gathered Vol. 1 – Art created and cover designed by Alley Biniarz.