Vanessa Shields has been writing, editing, teaching, and creating and hosting workshops for over twenty years. She has led workshops and readings around the world – in classrooms and on stages and outside of bookstores! Though she has several books traditionally published, her passion for words extends far beyond the page and stage. Gertrude’s Writing Room is a home for writers, and Shields is waiting with an open mind, heart and, of course, arms to welcome any person who has words within that want to find freedom.
There are many opportunities to work with Vanessa to bring your words to life. Please see offerings and prices below.
Idea Coaching & Writing Guidance
Do you have a writing project you’d like to start? Or one that you’ve started but you’re stuck in moving forward? What will giving this priority look like in your life? Idea Coaching & Writing Guidance includes (but is not limited to): idea generation, time/schedule management, creative writing prompts, creative writing lessons, reading lists, information about publishing industry (traditional and self), general interaction between you and I to create the writing project you want to write.
- Free 1-hour first meeting – includes open conversation about writing idea/project and then time for the writer to decide to continue (1-2 weeks max.).
- Meetings – up to 4/month (once a week) for up to 1 hour per visit. For the visit $25-75 (depending on what the project entails – ex. if there is no ‘prep’ so pre-meeting work, the fee to meet for the hour is less. Prep time will cause the price to go up.).
- Meetings will take place at Gertrude’s Writing Room.
Do you have a writing project that has begun or is completed in a draft but you need outside eyes and editorial support? Editorial support includes: chapter-by-chapter/page-by-page edits for structure, language, dialogue, some grammar, some copy (for full grammar/copy edits I would suggest another editor I know), character development, genre-specific information, etc.. This type of editing is hands-on, thorough and can include 1-2 drafts before final version is ready for final copy edit.
- Free 1-hour first meeting – includes open conversation about writing idea/project and then time for the writer to decide to continue(1-2 weeks max.).
- Meetings – up to 4/month (once a week) for up to 1 hour per visit – $60-75/hour.
Full read-through of manuscript for general to specific comments.
- $15/hour OR a per-page fee – negotiable depending on type of beta-read.
This is deepest and most interactive engagement we can create together!
- Free 1-hour first meeting – includes open conversation about writing idea/project and then time for the writer to decide to continue.
- Includes: Idea coaching, writing guidance, editing – whatever it takes to inspire, challenge, and create a life that includes creative writing everyday – as well as to create, work on, and complete a writing project.
- Meetings – up to 4/month (once a week) for up to 1 hour per visit – $60-75/hour and/or on-line interaction and/or a combination of both. Prices vary.
Please click HERE for payment options. Please refer to the payment options. We will confirm payment times and amounts based on our conversation and sessions.
Please click HERE for our policies.
Ready to begin?
To start bringing your dreams to fruition – please email Vanessa at email@example.com.