Mentorships last for agreed up durations, no less than 4 sessions, up to however long it takes to complete your project(s). This is a committed relationship that needs time to cultivate and grow – just as you and your project(s) will cultivate and grow.
Mentoring is a one-on-one interaction that can happen face-to-face and/or virtually (via FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp, Messenger, Zoom, GoogleMeets or good old-fashioned telephone). Flexibility is key to creating a writing relationship that suits your needs and fits into your life.
As a mentor, it is my commitment to you that we will create, cultivate and adore your creative writing dreams together in a way that weaves into your life and the things you already do that bring you joy and happiness. I believe in your stories. I believe in your dreams. I believe in your creative abilities. I believe that you are writer. So let’s bring your writing dreams to life, shall we?
- Free 1-hour first meeting – includes open and honest conversation about your writing idea/project(s). Please prepare for this meeting so I can begin to assess your needs and give you examples of how we can begin our mentorship. Please bring 3-5 writing samples, your schedule, your contact information, and your open heart and mind.
After the first meeting, we will have agreed up a time for you to respond to your level of commitment. Via email, you will confirm the length of time you’d like to engage in a mentoring relationship (no less than four weeks). A contract will then be created for us each to sign that includes cost, duration and any other necessary points we need to start the mentorship and make our commitment to your creative endeavour.
- Mentoring sessions (face-to-face and/or virtually via agreed upon mode of communication) 45 minutes to 60 minutes per session. Frequency of sessions (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) will be discussed and agreed upon.
- Idea Coaching – discussion of and inspiration for you to begin your writing project(s) and/or pick up where you left off.
- Time Management Skill Enhancement – discussion of your life schedule and key ways to include writing/creativity into your schedule. Includes accountability texts/emails/phone calls to keep you on schedule.
- Writing Guidance – discussions of genre, tools, key elements, research, books, websites – everything you need to know and practice the craft of writing in the genre(s) you want to write in.
- Prompts – writing prompts that will engage your imagination and challenge your writing skills will be given each session to be completed for the next session. This is above and beyond what your writing project is, but can also be used to begin writing projects and help you figure out what it is you’d like to be writing.
- Field Trips – creativity dates that will heighten your knowledge for your craft through hands-on experiences. Including but not limited to readings, literary events, meeting other writers, and muse-building exercises.
- $85.00 PER SESSION FOR THE FIRST FOUR SESSIONS ($85 X 4 = $340.00)
- 6 MONTHS (24 WEEKS) = $1,500.00 ($62.50 PER SESSION FOR 24 SESSIONS)
- 12 MONTHS (52 WEEKS) = $3,016 ($58.00 PER SESSION FOR 52 SESSIONS)
- Payments can be made via e-transfer, cheque, credit card or cash.
- Payment plans will be discussed, however, the goal is pay for each session the day it happens. This ensures that any shift in scheduling (which does happen) can occur without the cost being paid if a session needs to be postponed.
- Session frequency will be discussed together.