THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT!
So you’ve always wanted to write a novel? You’ve always had stories bumping around inside of you? You’ve always felt a deep need to share your life story? You’ve got a children’s book idea sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear?
If there is any part of you that wants to write a book of any kind then this class is MADE FOR YOU.
In Manuscript Mojo teachers Vanessa Shields and Alley Biniarz will get that story from your brain to the page! And – if you’re interested in writing 50,000 words for National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) then this class is a must for it will prep you into writing shape for the big write-a-thon that takes place the whole month of November. (Yeah, we did this on purpose.) We’ve also made this class early Saturday mornings – before you start cleaning, right?! This way, you can feel what it feels like to make time for your writing on a weekend then still have the rest of the day for other fun things…which, you may find, will include more writing!
The main goal of this class is get you working on (not just dreaming about!) your manuscript.
In this class, writers will:
- generate ideas for your story (in any genre)
- generate an outline for the structure of your manuscript
- learn about different writing programs for your manuscript
- learn skills to better your plot, character development and dialogue
- engage in timed writing exercises
- engage in prompted writing exercises
- discuss writing with fellow writers
- learn time management skills so you can fit writing into your life – joyfully!
This class includes:
- class binder packed with fun writerly info
- snacks and bevvies
Saturdays from 9am – 11am
October 5, 12, 19 and 26
Teachers: Alley Biniarz and Vanessa Shields
Location: Gertrude’s Writing Room 1899 Niagara The Stable Yard in The Coach House, Willistead Park
REGISTER BY DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2019