Laughter Yoga & Writing Workshop
If you’ve never experienced Laughter Yoga – you MUST take this workshop! What is Laughter Yoga? It is the use of laughter, not motivated by humour, comedy or jokes. “Laughter activates the body’s natural relaxation response. It’s like internal jogging, providing a good massage to internal organs while also toning abdominal muscles and stimulating the heart and lungs. Since your brain is unable to distinguish between real and fake laughter in order to reap the physiological and psychological benefits, Laughter Yoga is a technique which allows you to create these beneficial conditions. Laughter Yoga reduces physical, emotional and mental stress simultaneously and instantaneously,” says our laughing workshop leader, Janice Smith.
About Janice Smith: Janice is a Health and Wellness Workshop Facilitator and a Customer Relations Specialist, Development Coach.has a diverse background in communication, education and customer service. She has an Honours Degree in Economics, is a Motivational Speaker in Communication and Human Relations, is a Health Promoter, and a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader. Janice shares the many health benefits of laughter. She is the guru behind Health Connection Laughter, a laughter yoga workshop that does these amazing things:
- reduces stress hormones and their negative effects
- relieves muscle tension throughout the body
- team building
- reduces arthritic or other pain and inflammation
- increases mental ability and memory
- boosts the immune system and your body’s resistance to disease
- improves circulation and heart health
- helps you feel happier, more positive and interested in social connections
- helps you feel more relaxed and ready to have fun
In this workshop, you will:
- learn the practice of Laughter Yoga
- experience guided meditation
- write – journal-style
The workshop provides:
- chairs/seating for Laughter Yoga
- a free pen
- a free journal
Please wear comfortable clothing. If the weather permits, we may go for a quick walk outside.
LAUGHTER YOGA, WRITING & WALKING
Laughter Yoga & Writing
Tuesday, March 24th, 2020
6:30pm – 8:30pm
Teachers: Janice Smith & Vanessa Shields
Please click HERE for registration and payment information.
Let the laughter begin!