What the heck is NaNoWriMo? Let us tell you! National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) is an annual writing challenge that happens every November. Writers are challenged to write 50,000 (or more!) words over the month, and can receive exciting prizes, participate in local or cyber ‘write-ins’, and know that writers across the globe are writing too! The goal is to work on a novel or long-form collection that hits at least 50,000 words.
Join Mahnoor Javed, Windsor’s National Novel Writing Month Municipal Liaison, and Vanessa Shields, NaNoWriMo Winner (2014) for an information-packed session on everything you need to know about NaNoWriMo.
This workshop includes:
- free gifts & giveaways
- general information on National Novel Writing Month
- NaNoWriMo.org website navigation and how-to register information
- info about local write-ins and write-sprint challenges
- tips on how to hit that 50K word count
- connections with other NaNoWriMo-ers
The cost is $30.00.
Please bring something to write on and with. Laptops are welcome. We will be writing during this workshop!
There is a limited number of spaces available (12) so you must register and pay in-full to reserve your spot.